Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gnome Fell Down

And broke his crown…


Well not really, but he did fall down and what’s funny is he is indeed holding his head.  I couldn’t pass this up as it is a literal thing.  

I do love my Gnomes and most certainly don’t want them hurt – as of course I am sure none of you would want any of your Gnomes hurt.

What? You don’t have Gnomes?  Really?  I thought everyone had Gnomes.  You’re joking right – you have Gnomes.

Come on, they are fun joyous little creatures that protect your yard and garden – and well, there might be some in your house too.  Of course I am only basing this on our house, where there are many of the little fellas (and a few gals) around. 

Anyway, there have been three little guys swinging on a rope on our front porch for – oh I don’t know – ten years?  We never brought them in during the winter, they just stayed outside and played in the wind – swinging away in any small or gale forced “breezes” we have had over the years.  Apparently the winds we had two days ago were too much and down a couple of the boys went.

And well, it looks like one hurt his head.  I assume the other one is cold.

As for Gnome #3, he’s still hanging on for dear life.  Noting what has happened below him, he is not going to let the same thing happen to him.

Hang on little buddy, as soon as it is no longer freezing outside we’ll get out there and give you a new rope, until then – the clock is ticking and it will soon be May – do you think we could hit 60 degrees soon?  (Note the ice on the tree buds). 

This is directed toward you Mother Nature, were cold, it’s supposed to be Spring.  Two of my yard Gnomes fell down and hurt themselves – surely you can see this little Guy on his rope hanging on for dear life, you wouldn’t want the same to happen to him, would you?

I didn’t think so, so please can we have a Spring so I can get out there and save his life?  I’m not the only one who would appreciate it – Thanks!  Tomorrow will be fine – today’s half done already.  Really – no need to rush, you haven’t found a reason to yet, of course, that was until now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment