Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

Double Entendre

Hmmm, I don’t think they thought this one all the way through.  That or I just have a terrible mind.

Should I fill you in?  Yes, that would be great wouldn’t it?

There is a commercial on TV right now, you may have seen it?  It chronicles a mother talking about her daughter, bringing her little girl home from the hospital, going to school, etc  - all in the same car.

I remember the first time I heard the commercial, I had to stop to make sure it wasn’t a parody on Saturday Night Live.  Nope, it’s daylight out – are they serious?  Yes, yes they are, this is a real commercial.

Of course I am not going to mention the manufacturer, but if you are a car savant – this is an actual picture of the correct car featured in the commercial.  Why this view of the car? Well, let me finish the story to fill you in all the way in - or refresh your memory if you have heard the commercial before.

They get through all the life events – then the mother says – and I quote “The backseat of my car is where she grew up”.  

Ummm, I bet she did mommy, but why are you broadcasting it?  Really – did they think this one through, all the way (so to speak…haha)      
             .
Or is it just me whose mind goes completely to the wrong place when you say your daughter grew up in the backseat of your car?  It can’t be, it can’t be just me.  

I swear this commercial makes me stop in my tracks every time I hear it and I keep thinking, this had to be some kind of joke by the ad agents to see if it would really go on the air – and guess what boys – it really did! 

So glad I don’t work at that car company, I would feel obligated to point this out to them, where I would think the looks of “what is the matter with your head girl”? may possibly cross their faces.    
But don’t worry ad agency, the joke wasn’t lost on me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment