Translate

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Working at the Car Wash...



… *Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa,  Talkin' about the car wash, yeah
Come on ya'll and sing it for me, (Car wash), Ooh, ooh, ooh - (Car wash, yeah)!

Ok, so I’m at the Walgreens, yes Walgreens, which is definitely NOT a Car wash – or even near one for that matter.

I don’t notice where it is coming from at first, but there is very loud music, Santana – as a matter of fact.  It’s blaring and it’s older classic rock music (I don’t much like the song) and have I mentioned it’s blaring? 

I realize it has to be coming out of a car in the parking lot.  It’s November 4th, so it’s not really windows rolled down share your love of music kind of weather.

I’m moving quickly to my car, I want to get into my car as soon as possible and get the heater on.

I decide to look to see what’s up - once I get in my car.

And this is what I saw, except he was still on the driver’s side of the car when I first looked over.  It took me a second to pull my camera out of my purse, because I was baffled by the sight next to me.  By the time I clicked a picture, he and his little bucket were in the back of the car.

It’s an older gentleman in a leather tam hat, with his doors open, blaring Santana, washing his car in the Walgreens Parking lot. 

Wait, what?  What am I seeing?  Is this man really washing his car in a store parking lot?

Oh, and he is in the Handicapped spot, which clearly he is not – especially if he is nimble enough to be washing his car, in the crisp fall weather.

Nothing, there is getting to be quite possibly nothing, that surprises me anymore and I am so glad I have this venue (and a camera) to be able to share these extraordinary sighting with you.  Of course people keep coming up with things, and rest assured, I'll keep on sharing!

*Ooh, ooh, you might not ever get rich, But let me tell ya, it's better than diggin' a ditch.
There ain't no tellin' who you might meet, A movie star or maybe even a Indian Chief.  Working at the car wash - … Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

*Rose Royce - Car Wash Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment