Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

Wishy Washer



Woohoo!  I got paid to do the wash – look, a shiny clean penny (very clean….)

And a washer, hahaha – get it, a washer.

You see I really do need a new washer – as our appliance woes continue.  

You remember when our dryer died earlier this year, you know – then we threw the “new” one down the stairs (Dryer Falls posted 3/4/23). 

And our microwave last year, which had me thinking it was open all the time.  Darn shiny new thing (Peripheral Vision posted 11/26/13). 

Well, last summer my washer started acting up.  I should say, this is the start of things I have bought new, now being old enough to go bad… apparently the cycle never ends.  

Since we’ve been in this house, we’ve replaced -in this order the washer, the roof, the hot water heater, the furnace, the fridge and stove together, the dishwasher, the microwave, the dryer (which was the one thing we bought refurbished) and now it seems it is time to start all over again.

Have I showed you my washer?  Yeah, pretty pathetic – or brilliant – I’m not quite sure where this falls.

What is on my washer?  Well let me tell you, its 35lbs of weights and a towel so I can easily slide the weights back and forth off the top as needed.  

What?  Yeah, I don’t know either – all I know is you have to keep the lid pressed down hard for it to run more than 15 seconds at a time.  When I got sick of holding it down for the whole wash, or sitting on it reading a magazine for 20 minutes, we told the husband I needed a new washer.  

What I got was 35lbs of weights.

Now if only my shiny new silver washer could actually do the wash…..  I’m gonna need a lot more pennies, a lot more…

No comments:

Post a Comment