Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Yawn - I'm So Bored



I was watching a talk show I recorded on TV and they had the little girl from the new Annie Production in New York come and sing – yes, that tune - what else?  “The sun will come out – tomorrow, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, that tomorrow they’ll be sun”.  Blah.

Nothing against the little girl, she sang the song very well and she is the star of a Broadway show.

But I’m looking at her and the dog “Sandy” interact (long before I stopped the screen and took this picture).   

The dog looked like he would rather be ANYWHERE else than sitting on the floor with her and I’m thinking wow!  If I, or anyone, were sitting there singing a song next to my doggie, she would be looking up at them lovingly, intently, she would be happy, she would be thinking –“ I know I’ve heard this ditty five hundred and eighty times already this month – but sing it again to me –sing anything to me!  Would it be ok if I put my head on your knee”?  Happy, happy, happy.

Nope, not this puppy – then I thought, she must not be a dog person.  Even just a little bit, because this creature did not want to be held in place by her any longer.  It was as if he was saying “I’m so over you girlie, are you done yet?  Please, just hit that last belt and let’s get this over with already.  I got people who like me behind the stage, and if you don’t mind, I would like to go see them.  Maybe get a snack”.

Then - he yawned.

And I thought – yep, I’m thinking the production folks need to look into possibly using the doggie understudy?  Or maybe use a cat?  Maybe she’s a cat person?  Perhaps a little golden bunny?  A pony?  Anything, cause this puppy wants to break up – if someone would only let him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment