Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Aloha Wee!!!!! Awww Psych

We’re  having a heat wave – a tropical heat wave!!!!!!!!

Don’t know about where you are – but today it is a balmy 41 degrees outside and it is fabulous!!!!

Driving around in my car with the window rolled down, people walking around in shorts – everyone is smiling.

Oh, if you aren’t from these parts, anything over 39 degrees sometimes garners the shorts wearers – usually men, but they are sure happy to be wearing them (even if it is bizarrely cold for shorts if you think about it).

Now, I took a queue today from my Irish mother in law – it’s 40 degrees, the sun is shining, not a drop of rain in the sky – looks like it’s perfect weather to hang a load of laundry – so I did.  Isn’t it great? (Ok as much as I could get out without climbing a snow bank).

Piles of snow six feet high around the edge of the roads, and puddles of water in the middle from the melting.  It’s MELTING!!!  Yeah, like the wicked witch of the west – but so much better.

It’s been such a cruelly cold winter and I know this is premature, because it is ONLY February – we have a lot more blustery days ahead of us – but for now – 40 degrees is 50 degrees warmer than it has been for the last two months – pretty steadily –so we’ll take it and we’ll enjoy it.

As a matter of fact, I think we’ll have a few people over for a beer or two tonight – feeling like a celebration is in order.

Celebrate good times come on, dodododo do do do dododo!

****Live Update

GUH!  This is why I don’t like to write my posts in advance, I wrote the above yesterday while in a joyous festive mood – AND LOOK AT WHAT IT IS DOING OUTSIDE NOW!!!

Yeah – Big giant snowflakes falling from the sky, GIANT SNOWFLAKES.

What a difference a day makes – 24 little hours….. BooHoooo, who’s not joyous now….


No comments:

Post a Comment