Translate

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Toilet Training



Hi folks, sorry I’ve been away – it’s nothing personal – I have just been very, very busy.  That’s probably not going to stop anytime soon (we are changing continents) but I am hoping to post once a week – I have such a backlog of photos to share with you!!!  So lets go…(pun not intended).
Oh, where do I start?  So the other day hubby and I were in an airport, we find ourselves flying over oceans quite often lately – Pacific, Atlantic, we aren’t picky.


Anyway, we bought day passes to an airport lounge, because it’s far more comfortable waiting out a 5 hour layover in a lounge with cushy chairs, food and drink, than in black airport chairs, with metal arms and food crumbs from the last three years collected in the seams.   Delightful – really.

I walk into the bathroom in the lounge and there is this sign facing the toilet.  So I study it, because whatever is being pictured doesn’t click with me when I glance at it.  Still doesn’t.  What I see here is a man standing on a toilet in the women’s bathroom.  Is this a problem?

Do a lot of men come into the women’s bathroom and stand on the toilets?  Especially in bathrooms that are singles.  This bathroom was a one seater with a door, not a group collection with stalls. 

I wipe the seat off every time I go into a bathroom and I can probably count on one hand how many times I’ve seen foot prints on a toilet seat.  That does say something, I have seen shoeprints on a toilet seat, but I’ve used a lot of public bathrooms in my life and the odds seem really, really low that anyone is going to stand on a toilet seat on a regular basis, especially so much that it requires a sign.  In a lounge we paid to get into, no less.

But hey, thanks for the helpful pointers about how to sit and where the toilet paper goes, ummm, again – is a sign needed for this?

This brings me to the next sign we saw.

Here we have yet another man, throwing blocks into the toilet??   

I think they are blocks – I don’t really know what they are.  But there are three of them.  What is it that someone would carry around that there are three of that would get thrown into the toilet?  Sonny misbehaved and pops took the Lego’s away and pitched them in the toilet?

Again, I am lost on this.  Do people throw enough blocks into public toilets that it required a sign?  Are they blocks?  Is it something foreign we don’t have in America that gets thrown into toilets? I can’t think this would ever be a problem – ever!

But again, thanks – it certainly gave me something to ponder for the 16 hour flight home.

No comments:

Post a Comment