Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole - The English Premier League is Baacckk




As I sit here in our office, I can hear the blaring of Manchester United game in the living room, beating whoever the poor souls are they are playing today.

Not to be confused with Manchester City, which I think have been putting on fine performances over the last two years - that comment  alone could get me banished from the house by the hubby, at least while sacred Man U soccer is on the tele - so we'll quickly move on....

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole - Ole, Ole - over and over and over again.

That and Jack Whites "Seven Nation Army"  I wonder if he ever foresaw the popularity of his tune at overseas soccer matches?

Which brings me to the picture - I have immense hopes with the return of soccer season abroad and in our local high schools that it is possible this soccer ball will be rescued and put back into play.  

We live on a cul-de-sac and this lovely wasteland behind a garage is a view we have through the fence line every time we walk out on the front lawn.  This particular distant neighbors yard has caused me to yell out loud at no one, whilst wielding hedge clippers trying to tame the jungle this woman lets grow behind her house.

Every year by August - the wild grape vines kill off our beautiful flowering whatever tree.  I don't think it has many more years left.  I simply can't get past the wild shrubbery to the other side of the fence to save that part of the tree from choking on her grape leaves, which of course then travel to the top of the tree - where at 5'3, also are out of reach for me.

Please child, come find this ball and bring a bag for the trash while you are at it. I will personally come out and sing "Seven Nation Army" while you are rescuing the ball and cleaning up your kiddie chair trash that you broke and pitched back there three years ago.

Mwyeer, mwa, mwa, mwa, mwyaa, mwyaaa -

Mwyeer, mwa, mwa, mwa, mwyaa, mwyaaa -

That's my guitar solo impression - just play along - or the crazy neighborhood lady could come at you with those hedge trimmers...... Chicka, Chicka, Chicka, Chicka, Chicka, Chicka, Chicka
And don't even be eating a grape in front of me....


No comments:

Post a Comment